Monday, February 20, 2012

Final Thoughts

To my beautiful new wife,

Wow.  What a trip!  Although a bit more relaxed than we're used to, we did manage to get in some adventure and into some trouble :)  We also should probably make note of a few things, including do not eat green mango from a street vendor and that sitting under trees with pelicans on them can be a dangerous location.  Thank goodness it wasn't us!  Lastly, we learned that "all-inclusive" and "secluded and peaceful" may not be up our alley and that our down and rest time should be limited to three days. 

I'd say we can add this to this list of our other enjoyable travels, like Italy, Hawaii, Los Angeles and soon to be Madagascar.  But this trip was different, our first as husband and wife and I can honestly say I enjoyed every stinking minute of it.  Of course the highlights were amazing, the ziplining and the ruins, the monkey sightings and the quiet dinners :)  But the times when things weren't going well, our desire for more variety in food and something to do other than explore an island (for the 18th time) were the times we shined.  Tired, bored, wary from traveling, our love continued to shine and even brighten and I love that about us.  On day seven, after hours of car, boat and then taxi riding without food, you knew my every thought, pointed me in the direction of kindness and happiness (and probably saved our taxi driver's life).  We've got a really good starting line-up for our team and we only continue to add to our bench support. 
You are an amazing woman, an amazing travel partner, and an even more amazing spouse.  I love traveling with you so much, and can't even begin to imagine doing it without you now.  I have very high aspirations for what we will become as travelers, parents, spouses and a family.  I simply cannot wait to load you, Spencer and our new family members onto a plane for the unknown, knowing that as a team, we'll return with so many stories.  If I could, I'd shout to the world to come along with us and enjoy the amazing things we've seen and done.

So, it's on a high note that we now begin our lives together at home with no doubt in my mind that our marriage will be as adventurous as our vacations.  I'll never forget the looks and questions from the other couples when we changed our best laid plans and adapted to a new plan that worked better for both of us.  They were scared for us, but neither you or I questioned our changes for a second.  I'm excited to take that walk with you in marriage and life, and never be afraid to take that change in plans when needed to find our adventure, love and happiness. 

I love you, Allysha.  Here's to a wonderful life together and many more of these trips!

Love,
Kenny

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the letter baby. I love you so so so much! Our honeymoon was an amazing start to our life together, and I have no doubt that we will have many more amazing adventures to add. MUWA! Love you, Allysha

    ReplyDelete