I'm going to start this entry out by suggesting that someone contact the Guinness folks. I'm not talking walked on the moon, or crawled across the US or anything. I'm pretty sure though, I might be due an entry. See, I hit an iguana on a golf cart. Then, I hit a man on a bright pink bicycle in a golf cart. Yep. You can stop laughing now, and no, there was no alcohol involved. :)
Our cart came this morning before we woke up, and was ready to roll when we rolled out of bed (time not needed, but we'll say it had four digits in it). We took a wild ride into town, and it turns out that "full" throttle on a golf cart on a seriously bumpy road isn't too smooth. Bounding along the dirt road, I attempted to dodge a baby iguana that jumped out in front of me, missing most of him and sending him rolling along the dirt. We stopped, and watched him stumble off into the woods, obviously not his first rodeo ride with an American driving a golf cart.
We paid the five dollar toll to cross the bridge into town, and made our way into the CHAOS that is downtown San Pedro. Coming into a stop sign, the cart in front of me came to a stop, as did I. A nice gentleman on a bright pink bicycle pulled up on our right, and decided to skirt between the front of our cart and the one in front of me. Since the front cart made a left, I began to roll forward, and was no where near fast enough to step on the brakes, lightly tapping (and yes knocking the gentleman to the side of his bike). He hopped back on his pedals without saying a word, and rode away unphased. Must get hit all the time. Stupid golf cart drivers.
We had a very nice post collision lunch at a small cafe. We spent the afternoon walking through town, shopping and buying all sorts of good stuff. We came back to the estates :) and spent some nice time in the sunshine by the pool. We walked around the property and enjoyed the very nice warmth. On the way back from town, we stopped at a really nice store to buy stuff for dinner. We had some nice pork chops, some really good rice, corn and apples. It was really nice.
Before dinner, we took a ride on the golf cart north from our resort, where the road narrows and widens, including pits of dispare. At one point, the road goes right next to the ocean and is amazing. We finally stopped at a store about 30 minutes in, and the gal said you could travel up to 15 miles more (which is mind boggling on this small island). On the way back, we stopped at a gal's small hut to buy some trinkets, which ended up costing us WAY more than it should have.
Allysha wants me to let everyone know how bad it smells here near the ocean. It's an odd mixture of rotting weeds, fish, musty nastiness and yuck. It can be very overtaking at times, not want you want in paradise.
We tried to call Spencer tonight, but are unable to operate the phone. Sorry, Spencer, we love you and can't wait to see you!
Last day tomorrow! We plan to live it up, enjoy some more of the city and relax one last day. See everyone soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment