Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 7 - Move to San Pedro, Ambergis Caye

Happy Monday from San Pedro on Ambergis Caye in Belize.  This will most likely be a short posting, as its been a long day and bed looks very welcoming!  Our trip here was nice, but long.  The drive was a little over 1 1/2 hours long, and mostly uneventful.  Ted, Allysh and I again enjoyed conversation covering almost anything ("what would make your economy better").  Some I could answer, some I couldn't!

We then boarded the 12:00 noon boat from Belize City to San Pedro, with a quick stop in Calker Caye.  Having left the hotel at ten, boarded the boat shortly after arriving, we had only had a couple of snacks and drinks.  The boat ride was longer than I thought, a little over an hour, putting us in San Pedro around 1:30.  We grabbed a taxi, and proceeded to travel all over the island since our driver didn't know where the hotel was.  We went up and down one road three or four times.  We finally located our place around 2:30 pm, very tired and very hungry. 

We went next door for lunch at another resort, where they had bar snacks and not much else.  We then came back to our hotel, and lounged by the pool for a while.  The hotel room is amazing, possibly one of the nicest I've ever stayed in.  Its set up like a condominium, and has an amazing kitchen, bathroom and master suite.  If you walk out the back door, you're right on a private patio and have access to the gorgeous levels of infinity pools.  The place is amazing, but was horrible to find. 

We went to a different resort this evening for dinner, and shared a nice seafood platter.  One of the items was a claw from a Stone Crab.  The thing was almost as large as my palm.  It was very good meat, and when I asked the waitress how big the crab was, she said they only catch the crabs, take a claw and release them.  I would have loved to have known how big that sucker was!

We asked the attendant to get us a cart for the next two days, as we're about 2 1/2 miles out of town.  Tomorrow we'll head in to explore, shop and enjoy lunch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment